Breathtaking views on the beautiful Lake Garda offers the via ferrata called “Path of Friendship”
Stunning but fairly demanding due to a 600 metres long vertical ascent is the via ferrata "Via dell'Amicizia". Starting point is the village of Riva del Garda on the northern shore of Lake Garda. From here the route takes you across a steep rock face to the Cima SAT peak at an altitude of 1,276 m a.s.l.
- from Riva del Garda (78 m a.s.l.) the large paved trail no. 404 takes you uphill
- hike further up to a Venetian fortress called "Bastione", cross a wood and continue along numerous bends towards a hut called Capanna Santa Barbara (560 m a.s.l.)
- turn right joining the trail no. 404/bis, which takes you in 10 min. to the via ferrata
- follow the via ferrata, equipped with wire ropes
- cross two fairly long vertical ladders and continue upwards
- at the peak (1,276 m a.s.l.) a stunning view on Lake Garda awaits you
- as for the way back, slightly underneath the summit a trail with numerous turns and bends takes you to the trail no. 402
- trail no. 402 brings you to the trail no. 404, which again takes you back to Riva del Garda.