In winter, the alpine landscape in Trentino is the perfect terrain for your adventures on touring skis away from the winter sports areas
The glaciers of the Ortles-Cevedale group and the Adamello, the Brenta Dolomites and those in the Val di Fassa and Val di Fiemme, the Pale di San Martino, the Lagorai and other mountain ranges in Trentino offer ski tourers a wide range of opportunities to practise this increasingly popular sport. Also in the vicinity of the ski resorts there are untouched valleys and snow slopes, as well as lonely mountain peaks where you can enjoy the peace and quiet.
Even in winter, the mountains invite you to discover them, but it is very dangerous to go on a ski tour without safety precautions and the necessary experience. For your own safety and that of your fellow human beings, and out of respect for the wildlife whose habitat you are approaching, it is advisable to attend further training at the S.A.T. (Società degli Alpinisti Tridentini) Alpine School or at the mountain guides who are present throughout the Trentino.
Your hosts, who know the area very well, will provide unforgettable holiday moments with their tips.
We invite you to follow these seven rules:
- Choose tours that suit your abilities and those of your companions.
- Only go on a ski tour in good weather and with a stable snow cover; check the avalanche report before setting off.
- Always take an avalanche transceiver, shovel, probe, crampons, helmet and first aid kit with you.
- Always ask for detailed information about the route. Additional equipment such as crampons, ice axe, rope, harness, etc. may sometimes be necessary.
- Always have an up-to-date map of the area with you.
- Do not improvise. If in doubt, consult a mountain guide.
- Respect the animals and their habitat.