Between the Monte Bondone and Paganella mountains, only some km from Trento, there is Vezzano with its vineyards
Vezzano with its 2,200 inhabitants, once an independent municipality, forms today together with Padergnone and Terlago the newly founded municipality of Vallelaghi. Conveniently located near the Bus de Vela fortifications, Vezzano lies along the main roads between the town of Trento and the western Trentino. Thanks the close vicinity of Lake Garda and the sheltered area between the Paganella and Monte Bondone massifs, Vezzano has a very mild climate.
Already in Bronze and Iron Age the village was settled and later influenced by the prince-archbishop of Trento who made it a village in 1527. Worth seeing in Vezzano is the parish church dedicated to the Saints Vigil and Valentin which was rebuilt in the 20th century in neo-Gothic style. The church houses precious artworks from the 15th and 16th century.
In close vicinity to Vezzano the gological path “Antonio Stoppani” is located, an idyllic walking path which leads to ten glacial potholes (“marmitte dei giganti” in Italian). And on the bank of Lake Massenza one of the most impressive hydropower stations of the Alps is located which can be visited within a guided tour.