Revò

As cultural centre of the so-called “Terza Sponda Anaune”, Revò is situated in a favourable geographic position near the shore of Lake Santa Giustina.

The Maddalene mountain range, formed by glaciers and rivers a very long time ago, seems to embrace the green plain on which the lovely village of Revò is located. Due to its beneficial climatic and strategic position, this area has already been settled in Copper Age (3rd millennium BC).

In the past this village was a known centre, referable to a Roman road and a road called “de Regai”. Moreover Monte Ozol, rising above the village, was the place where one of the major ring castles of the Iron Age was located.

A bit outside the village there is the majestic Santo Stefano parish church, first documented in 1128 AD. Other major constructions are the Villa Campia-Maffei and the Casa Thun. Today the village is surrounded by apple orchards.

Tips and more infos