Albiano is located at 645 m asl, has got about 1,500 inhabitants and is famous for its porphyry.
Located in the heart of the Valle di Cembra on the left Avisio riverbank, Albiano is considered to be a centre for the production, process and merchandising of porphyry, that is to say the famous red porphyry of Albiano.
Up to the 70s Albiano mainly used to be a rural village and has been specialized in the cultivation of chestnuts, still today this fruit is celebrated in the popular “Castagnata“. However, the progress of the village is referable to the production of porphyry. One of the masterpieces in the village that reflects the invested hard work in this sector is Piazza S. Biagio which has been plastered with the red porphyry of Albiano in 1975.
Also worth to be visited is the S. Biagio church, the historic parish church in Gothic style, and next to this building the new church that was built to replace the S. Biagio church, following its style and construction materials. Not far from the village, however, there is the impressive S. Antonio da Padova church consecrated in the year 1670.