With its 45-metre height and immense historical, architectural and cultural value, the Torre Civica, the town’s landmark, dominates the beautiful Cathedral Square of Trento
Image gallery: Torre Civica in Trento
The ancient Torre Civica (City Tower) in the historic centre of Trento, also called Torre di Piazza, stands next to the Diocesan Museum in Palazzo Pretorio and the Cathedral of San Vigilio. From the top you can admire the cathedral, the magnificent Fountain of Neptune and the city.
The Torre di Piazza was built around the middle of the 12th century over the ancient Porta Veronensis (1st century AD) to protect the episcopal residence and originally had a height of 22 metres. Over time it experienced several structural changes and served, among other things, as a prison until the end of the 19th century, always playing a central role for the inhabitants and constantly setting the rhythm of urban life with its clock and two bells, also known as "della Renga" and "della Guardia".
After extensive renovation work, the tower was recently reopened to visitors thanks to the collaboration of the City of Trento and the Diocesan Museum of Trento. It consists of a total of 12 floors, eight of which are currently accessible. The ascent is only possible on foot via a steel staircase with 156 steps.
Despite careful control we cannot guarantee the correctness of the provided data.
Torre Civica + Tridentine Diocesan Museum + Early Christian Basilica of St. Vigil:
€ 12.00: full ticket
€ 10.00: reduced ticket (young people 15- 26 years, over 65, AreAArte Card, FAI Fondo per l'ambiente italiano, groups over 20 visitors)
Trentino Guest Card: Tridentine Diocesan Museum (free entrance) + Torre Civica guided tour (+ € 5.00)
• The tower is only accessible within a guided tour (max. 10 visitors)
• For safety reasons, access to the tower is not permitted for: Children under 120 cm height, people with impairments or motor disabilities, people with heart problems, asthmatics, people who are not free from vertigo or who tend to be claustrophobic
• Access is only possible for children and young people under 14 years of age if accompanied by an adult
• Bags, rucksacks and containers must be removed prior to the visit
• A declaration must be signed before access that the visitor enters the tower at his or her own responsibility