With snow-shoes you can reach on the summit of the Monte Casale (1,631 m a.s.l.), a highly panoramic mountain.
Image gallery: Snow-shoe hike to Mt Casale
You can park your car close to the little village of Le Quadre. After having traversed the meadows, you come to a fork, take the right, following the indication “Rifugio Don Zio".
Surrounded by a breathtaking panoramic view, we walk across the meadows of Monte Casale. At the above mentioned mountain hut Rifugio Don Zio, we reach a little forest, which we walk through. When you come out of the woods, you can already see the summit of the Monte Casale, with an antenna at its top.
On the top, at 1,631 m a.s.l., you can enjoy a breathtaking view on the Sarca valley and the most important summits of this area, before you start your walk back to the starting point, on the ascent route.
- Starting point:
- parking space at the transmission mast before the hamlet of Le Quadre
- Time required:
- 05:30 h
- Track length:
- 12,7 km
- from 935 m to 1.612 m
- Altitude difference= ucfirst(_('')) ?>:
- +685 m | -678 m
- parking space - Le Quadre - Don Zio mountain hut - Mt Casale
- Recommended time of year= ucfirst(_('')) ?>:
- Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec