Firmian Castle was built in 1480, when Nicolò Firmian, “Soldier of the Tridentine Church and Hereditary Marshal”, commissioned it.
Image gallery: Castel Firmian
Firmian Castle is located north-east of Mezzocorona, surrounded by the vineyards of the Rotaliana high plateau, at the foot of the cliff, where also Castel San Gottardo can be found.
Nicolò Firmian let build the castle for himself. The complex was built around an existing tower, which rises in the middle of the southern facade.
The present appearance of the castle is due to renovation work carried out in the 18th century. Even today, the crenellated wall and the trenches for the guards can still be seen. Also inside the castle visible innovations were added. This is shown by the change in style from late Gothic to late Baroque, like for example a spacious salon with gallery.
- via al Castello - 38016 - Mezzocorona (Tn)
Despite careful control we cannot guarantee the correctness of the provided data.
Today, Castel Firmian is in private hands and cannot be visited.