Especially the architecture of the castle is eye-catching, an encounter of Venetian, German and Lombardic cultures.
Image gallery: Castel Caldes
Castel Caldes is located in the village of Caldes in the Val di Sole valley, only few kilometres from Malè.
The Cagnò family let build this impressive complex in the 13th century. It consists of a five-story tower, which was the residence but had also a control function. In 1464 the castle was donated to the Thun family, who enlarged it. Today Castel Caldes is in possession of the Autonomous Province of Trento, which restored it and made it publicly accessible.
The inward of Castel Caldes fascinates with wood panels, vaults and fresco decorated rooms. Part of the castle is also a little chapel dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary, built at the end of the 16th century.
Castel Caldes is located opposite the train station of Caldes (connection Trento – Malè).
Despite careful control we cannot guarantee the correctness of the provided data.