This ancient fortified castle of the Morenberg family rises above the village of Sarnonico
Image gallery: Castel Morenberg
The castle consists of two parts: the first part was built around 1300 by the notary Giovanni Morenberg whereas the second part was built in the course of the 16th century. After the extinction of the Morenberg family, the castle passed into the hands of the Barons of Cles. Around 1888 a fire destroyed most of the castle, thereupon it was converted into a farmhouse. Above the entrance gate a sundial from 1663 still can be seen.
Castel Morenberg is in private hands.
Castel Cles is in private hands and cannot be visited.