The Castello di Tenno rises on a cliff in the Valli Giudicarie valley.
Image gallery: Castello di Tenno
Originally the castle belonged to the municipality, but then passed into the hands of the Counts of Appiano and other noble families. Also the archdiocese of Trento owned the castle until the Napoleonic era. At the beginning of the 19th century, Tenno Castle was visibly decaying, as it had already lost its importance. It was bought by private people who restored it but could not preserve its typical medieval character. The fortress was finally converted into a summer residence. The square keep, the only element preserved from the Middle Ages, collapsed in 1920.
Castello di Tenno is in private hands today and is not open to the public.
Despite careful control we cannot guarantee the correctness of the provided data.
Castel Tenno is not open to the public.