The Castello di Castellano is a fortified castle located in the eponymous village, a part of the municipality of Villa Lagarina in the Province of Trento
Image gallery: Castello di Castellano
The ancient building, with its watchtower and square shape, was used since the 12th century to control the road from the valley towards Cei. The castle was built on a hill, protected by slopes on all three sides. In the middle of the 13th century the castle was conquered by the Castelbarco, in 1456 the property passed to the Earls of Lodron who transformed it into a stately residence and decorated it with frescoes.
The castle still has some medieval elements, such as the crenellated circular wall. A special feature of Castellano Castle is the long wall that runs down the slope to the watchtower.
- viale Lodron, 17 - 38060 - Castellano (Tn)
- Guided tours or visits upon reservation.
- +39 349 7119977
The Castello di Castellano is in private hands. It can only be visited by appointment with the owner.