The impressive castle complex dominates the village of Mezzolombardo
Image gallery: Castello della Torre
The tower around which the Castello della Torre was built served as a guard post over the road leading from the Rocchetta Pass into the Val di Non valley.
The actual castle palace dates back to the 16th century. At that time the tower and its building were bought by Sigmund Spaur who surrounded the complex with two walls and added two turrets. Also a prison, still preserved today, was added to the castle. Monsignor Gianmichele, heir of the dynasty and archbishop of Trento, modernised the castle and built a little chapel dedicated to S. Apollonia in 1619.
- via Giuseppe Garibaldi, 1 - 38017 - Mezzolombardo (Tn)
The castle is a residence and not open to the public.